Monday, August 27, 2007

OK, those of you who like to argue with me...



...that there is something rare, special and desirable about "foundation" Appaloosas (read "hammerheaded, stick tailed and no hip")...here ya go. Sounds like these are going to starve to death or go to kill if you don't go buy them up. There are a couple of you that swear lots of people just love these horses and are dying to buy them...so, ok, go for it. 57 to choose from.

Ad text in bold below.











FAR Ranch in Harvard Idaho has 57 registered foundation appaloosas. I am 60, we are both disabled. I have only enough hay to feed till Christmas. I cannot find more hay because of the weather. I need approx 40 ton for the winter. I would sell these appys, at least half, but there is no market due to severe hay shortage. I could get maybe $25 each from the Lewiston slaughter sale, but cannot even get help to take them, God forbid it comes to that. I have spent 25 years to bring back these old time appys, and they are all colored. Imprinted, haltered, people friendly horses. I have saved some cash from our pension checks to buy hay, it won't be enough even if I can find hay.. We live in an old motorhome on 150 acres. All the grass has died from the heat. I don't know what kind of help to ask for. Homes for appys, hay to feed them?? Someone who can deliver hay and unload it? A good person sent me to this site. Thankyou for you time and interest, ahead of hearing from anyone. Fran website for my appys, old but I work on it often now. foundationappaloosaranch.20fr.com






As I frequently say, 57 horses did not just happen. From a look at their site and their sales site, I think they have about 10 different stallions! I can't find a gelding to save my life. Holy crap. And now you have a crisis. How the hell do you think that happened? If I were 60 and my spouse and I were both disabled, I sure as shit wouldn't be BREEDING HORSES. Especially not horses that clearly ARE NOT SELLING.

Don't get me wrong. I feel sorry for those horses even if I do think they 're fug. I sincerely hope those of you who like them go and rescue them. I have no sympathy for this dimwit who kept breeding them without knowing for sure that she could afford hay to feed them all winter. If you read their site, they don't have a trainer so you know nothing is trained to ride. This is just a typical BYB train wreck and we're going to see more and more of it as fall approaches. I really do hope they don't wind up at the auction going for $25, but if they do, I sure hope these folks take a good long look in the mirror and see how their poor planning led directly to that outcome. Unfortunately, now that they are begging online, I'm sure money will flow from heaven, aka paypal, and they'll relax, having dodged a bullet - and breed every damn mare back again in the spring.

Again, let's repeat for anyone who may be confused:

WINTER COMES EVERY YEAR!

HAY HASN'T EVER GOTTEN CHEAPER IN THE LAST 30 YEARS THAT I REMEMBER. LIKE MOST THINGS, IT CONTINUES TO GET MORE EXPENSIVE!

DON'T BREED MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD TO GET STUCK WITH!

DON'T BREED HORSES WHO HAVE NO SHOW RECORDS! THE BABIES ARE NOT MARKETABLE!

DON'T BREED HORSES IF YOU DON'T HAVE A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INCOME! YOUR PENSION CHECK IS NOT IT!

OK you can all now commence calling me a meanie for picking on the elderly disabled folks...but you know what, THEY'RE not the ones who are going to end up going to slaughter.