Friday, August 24, 2007

Hmmm...maybe we DO really need to have a FHOTD get-together

I get a lot of e-mails that go "look me up if you're ever in X and let's have a beer!" This started to make me think that it would actually be a LOT of fun to have a FHOTD get together...maybe early next year?

I'm thinking Vegas...something where we'd have some guest speakers during the day on topics of interest to responsible breeders like conformation, genetics, avoiding genetic defects, weanling and broodmare nutrition...and of course at night we'd just party like rock stars. :-)

Thoughts? I am thinking maybe January when it's not the show season and most mares aren't too close to foaling yet, so you can get away without too much worry.

Cost would be enough to cover expenses, whatever that worked out to be, and we can take a vote on which rescue to shoot any overage to.