Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Related to our latest topic

Even when the breeders/trainers make EVERY effort to ensure a horse's safety...all it takes is one asshat and the horse can go to slaughter.




It said right on the horse's papers that HE HAD A RETIREMENT HOME. Too bad this Ramon Preciado guy did not care. I guess he had to get his lousy two hundred bucks, out of a horse he paid $10,000 for only two months earlier.

They should throw him out of racing PERMANENTLY!

Racing is not the problem. It is CERTAIN PEOPLE, as in every discipline, who are the problem!



Edited today (Wednesday)...
I was thinking about this on my commute to work. You know, the sticker idea is brilliant. It didn't work this time, but I bet it would work most of the time.

So those of you with private offices or who aren't at work today...make some phone calls for me. I'd like to find out if your breed registry of choice would be okay with a sticker that was, say, 3/4 inch tall and 1.5 inches wide, placed on the registration papers in such a way that it does not obscure any other information. Please post what you find out in the comments. And please READ the comments before you post, I don't want 6,000 of you calling the AQHA to ask the same question.

Can someone also volunteer to keep a list of the registries and the answer we get? Or that the question is pending?

I have a really good idea how we could not only do this, but set up an 800 number and make a national registry of horses (this ties into my currently-in-development web site for the same purpose)...

I KNOW there is a way to identify horses that are wanted by someone and keep them safe. I KNOW there is. And we're going to find it.