Sunday, January 27, 2008

But I'm a rescuer! GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Just an egregious example of the "I think I'm a rescuer, gimme gimme gimme" syndrome posted here. This is a Paint breeder who has decided they are opening their "EQUESTRAIN RECUE DIVISION." And OMFG the spelling. I am sorry, but here are some highlights:

" HORSE WAS BROUGHT IN WITH SUCH SEVER RAIN ROT THAT THE SIST THAT PATROODED HER BACK WERE SO LARGE THAT WHEN OPENED THEY DISPLAYED THE THOUSANDS OF MAGETS THAT HAD BEEN LIVING INSIDE EACH OF THE OVER A HUNDRED SIST."

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* My God. Can you spell your own names? And of course, they have a list a mile long of shit they want. They want volunteers to do everything around the farm and also volunteer vets. They want wormers, vaccinations, all kinds of barn supplies including "water trofs." They want saddles, bridles and halters to sell to finance the rescue. They are even asking for a "stock type trailor." Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme...GET A DAMN JOB, LAZY ASSHAT! (He actually calls himself the CEO of Dream Maker Farms. DELUSIONAL! DELUSIONAL! DELUSIONAL!)





But hey, I'm sure they will do as well rescuing as they do breeding. After all, nothing says "responsible breeder" like standing a deformed fugly paint at stud! LOVE the use of the saddle to cover up his back. That is awesome. Don't even try to tell me you ride that thing.

"HE WAS BORN WITH A BIRTHDEFECT, HE HAS A SPINAL CURVE IN HIS BACK. IT LIMITS HIS ABILITY TO CANTER BUT LITTLE ELSE IS EFFECTED."

Heck, who needs to be able to canter? Hey, maybe we can breed him and Miss Camel and make a whole new breed! We can start the Camorse Registry! He's only $1000 to buy!

And don't even get me started on their mares. You know you are a BYB when you brag that one of your broodmares was champion 4-H halter mare of DeKalb County!

Final touch - I am just dying now. They are offering their web design services. Ah, delusion, you know no bounds...


OK, now for some positive things...

Really amazing blog on the rehab of a Thoroughbred who had never been out of his stall in 16 years. I internet-know this woman and she has helped me previously with a rescue...the horse is in very good hands and the organization funding him is accepting donations if you would like to help.

And here is the update thread on the Mason Cty. stallion previously featured on the blog. Thanks to all of you who contributed, I can't tell you how grateful I am for the extra help with this guy!